"ULTIMATELY, LIFE-CYCLE MAKES SENSE - YOU START RISK HUNGRY AND YOU END UP LESS RISK HUNGRY. BUT HOW YOU MAP THAT OUT AND BUILD THAT INTO THE PORTFOLIO IS A MATTER OF UNDERSTANDING WHICH PARAMETERS YOU NEED TO ADJUST TO MEET THE RISK PROFILE OF THE CLIENT".
BLACK ROCK Director, VINCENT LO BLANCO, Investor Daily, 1 October 2010
Benefits for Members
Analysis using a standard default option has shown Trustee Tailored Super can:
- increase annual returns by more than 1% (4.5-5.5% real)
This analysis uses standard industry earning rates and loss ratios. The analysis across the whole portfolio adjusts the average growth assets from 70% to 80 - 90% and increases the potential for loss from 1 in 5 yrs to 1 in 4 yrs.
Benefits for Trustees
Trustee Tailored Super acts in members' best interests, individually and collectively and,
- is tailored to the trustee's risk profile and its membership characteristics
- focuses on retirement benefits
- is flexible for changing market and regulatory conditions
- provides members with an educational and engagement element
- enhances the scale of existing choice options
- offers higher returns at a lower cost than both Target Date and Life Stage options.